Thursday, September 26, 2013

Reversing Diabetes at age 60

My Diabetes Reversal

Several of my friends and relatives suggested I start a blog on what I have done to reverse my diabetes.  You see, being a Matheny decedent, we all have generations of this troublesome disease in our genes.

I am a Type II diabetic and my story is geared towards those that suffer from Type II as Type I is a completely different problem.

Before you read on, if the word God or Jesus offends you - you might want to leave the sight immediately.  If you are not bothered by a religious overtone - then welcome and I hope you too can find success in what I have to say.

My journey to reversal is just that - a journey and I am still on it.  I have just taken the first step and have many miles to go.  If you are ready for a long journey, then climb on and let's get started.

As you start your own journey, remember, I write software for a living - not practice medicine.  What I did and how I did it I would not recommend to anyone.  I would work with your doctor but I am not convinced any of them want us Type II diabetics to heal - that will be another blog.

In March of 2013, I had just had my worst ever Doctor visit with my A1C (your 3 month blood sugar average) at 8.3, medicines were increased, and a renewed threat of insulin shots would be next.  I weighed 224 pounds and was definitely over weight - but not obese.  This is my first God moment.

In this blog I will bring out the many wonders I have learned over time and marvels of what God has done for us.  This being one of those marvels.  Your body is so smart that it has an instant blood sugar level but it also runs a three month average at all times.

You cannot even buy a computer today that can keep that kind of statistics real-time and accurate to the micro-second.  But our creator has put many of these little computer chips in our bodies to help and we will be discussing many of these in later blogs.

The visit before was not bad, but it was when I was put on high-blood pressure medicine.  I was following the path of a normal diabetic; high and low blood sugar level swings; high blood pressure, tingling in my feet (neuropathy) was coming, meaning the end game for me was already predicted my the medical profession - remove body parts and slowly die.

Then God sent an angel into my life - my daughter Sarah.  She had been trying to get me healthy for a long time and nothing seemed to work.  I tried being a Vegan.  I tried starving carbs.  I tried to stick with the ADA menu of food and simply failed at everything.  Then her and God laid out the big ultimatum, get better or no more golfing with her.  Talk about tuff love!!!

Well after 4 months I made my 6 month checkup last week and my fasting blood sugar was 120 that morning, down 50 points from my normal level on medicine, my 7 day average was 115, and my 15 day average was 135.  I had lost 37 pounds and the entire medical team was ecstatic.  So much so, the Doctor suggested I could start dropping my medicines.  That is when I let him know I had taken my last medicine 3 weeks earlier and all of this was medicine free.

That is the part I would not recommend to anyone as your doctor should be involved!

I think this sets up the beginning of the journey and I look forward to feedback and questions.  I will with each diary put in my vital signs for the day.

God Bless each of you and may you find healing through him as I have done,

Bob,

3 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work, Dad! Excited to see you getting better :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just starting to read this blog. Sounds good so far, I am really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tweetie Bird,

      Thank you so much for reading this blog. I hope you find it enjoyable enough and some interesting things that helped me.

      I also want to thank you for the comment - nice to hear from readers and comments of all kinds are welcome.

      I want to make this a good source of information and a diary of my journey.

      Bob

      Delete

Please leave your comments or suggestions - looking to getting some good discussions going. Tell me what you have tried and what has or has not worked.

Thanks for the support